32 x 32 DIGITALLY CONTROLLED ANALOGUE AUDIO PATCH BAY
CONTROL ANALOG AUDIO ROUTINGS RIGHT FROM YOUR COMPUTER WITH THE XPATCH-32 PROGRAM
Features at a glance:
• 32x32 CROSSPOINT ROUTING
• 2 INPUT COMBO XLR LINE LEVEL / ¼ INCH JACK DI INPUT
• 2 OUTPUT FRONT PANEL XLR CONNECTIONS
• FRONT PANEL HEADPHONE MONITORING
• CREATE, STORE & RECALL ROUTINGS
• ANY INPUT CAN CONNECT TO MULTIPLE OUTPUTS
• OSX & WINDOWS COMPATIBLE SOFTWARE
• SOFTWARE & FIRMWARE UPDATES VIA USB
• 8 CHANNELS OF METERING
• +4/-10 dBm LINE LEVEL SELECTION ON EVERY INPUT AND OUTPUT
• I/O ON DB-25 CONNECTORS - TASCAM FORMAT
• UNUSED I/O ARE MUTED TO MINIMISE CROSSTALK
• FOOTSWITCH INPUT FOR SELECTION OF SNAPSHOTS (PRESETS)
• DESIGNED BY CB ELECTRONICS MULTI-AWARD-WINNING DESIGNER COLIN BROAD
• LOAD AND SAVE PREDEFINED SIGNAL PATHS
• CONNECT A TMC-1 OR TMC-2 TO USE AS A MONITOR CONTROLLER WITH ELECTRONIC PATCH
CB Electronics introduces XPatch-32 (or cross patch), designed by CB Electronics multi-award-winning designer Colin Broad, a 32x32 digitally controlled, fully analogue audio patch bay routing system for the pro audio industry. The XPatch-32 system is controlled by the XPatch-32 program via USB, which allows complex routings in literally seconds. Create, Store & Recall routings from sessions. Any input can be sent to multiple outputs. The XPatch-32 design is based on the A-Mon / I-Mon and shares the I/O and CPU cards, allowing for input and output muting and even gain control.
The front panel is equipped with 2x XLR combo connectors for input XLR line-level / ¼ inch jack DI input, plus 2 XLR output for quick auditioning of equipment, a ¼ inch jack for headphone monitoring of inputs and outputs, O-Led display and encoder with push button for function selection, in addition there is a ¼ inch jack socket for a switch to step through snapshots (presets).
Once configured, XPatch-32 can operate independently of the XPatch-32 program and host computer via the front panel encoder or footswitch. By switching between snapshots the footswitch enables the XPatch-32 to be used as a powerful studio or live performance tool for musicians.
In the Studio the Xpatch-32 can make it quick and easy to use your favorite new and legacy hardware effect’s units in your mix.
The XPatch-32 is a versatile stand-alone analogue routing/switching system for on-stage boutique instrument processing or amplifier selection.
Level Control / Crosstalk
The major problem with an electronic patch is cross-talk especially between signals at different levels. The X-Patch 32 inherits both input and output gain control from the A-Mon/I-Mon, the input gain control allows levels within the patch to be optimized minimizing cross-talk. Unused inputs and outputs are muted further reducing cross-talk.
The X-Patch-32 also inherits 8 channels of metering from the A-Mon, these are connected to outputs 25 - 32 and can be viewed in the Mac/Windows GUI.
The front panel provides the following functions
• Stereo Inputs 31 and 32 on XLR combi’s, (¼ inch jack DI input)
• Stereo Outputs 31 and 32 on XLR’s
• Headphone Monitoring Outputs 29 & 30 on 1/4” Jack
• Headphone source and gain selection via front panel encoder
• Snapshot selection from encoder or footswitch
• O-Led display of selected input and snapshot
The GUI includes in/out matrix, paths, Equipment List, Metering, Snapshot screens. The GUI communicates with the XPatch-32 via USB.
XPatch-32 pricing (Excluding VAT and Delivery)
XPatch-32 Introductory price £1,800
XPatch-32 After Introductory price £2,000
Signup to our mailing list or like our facebook page to keep up to date with the progress of the XPatch-32
if you have a suggestion for a Xpatch-32 feature function let us know.
Manuals and Data Sheets
To avoid any low frequency phase errors all signal paths (apart from talk back and listen back microphone inputs) in the A-Mon are DC coupled.
To avoid cross talk any unused input is muted at the input.
The metering uses precision rectifiers to provide approximately 60 dB of range.
The NJM2068 op amp was selected for its audio performance.
Audio switching via high voltage cmos (+/-14v) with a maximum signal level of +/-8v p to p
to minimise distortion.
Gain Control via CS3318 8 channel gain control.
• 10 kOhm balanced or unbalanced
• Input trim: -10dB to +20dB 1dB steps
• Maximum Input Level: +24 dBu @ unity gain
• 100 Ohm balanced or 50 Ohm unbalanced
• Balanced:+4 dBu nominal, Unbalanced:6 dB below balanced line level
• Maximum Output Level:+24 dBu
• Output Trim : -4 to +4 dB in 0.5dB steps
• Frequency Response:10 Hz to 100 kHz (± 0.05 dB)
• THD+N:< 0.004% (unity gain) 0.002% (Xpand)
• IMD:< 0.005% (unity gain) 0.003% (XPand)
• Noise below +4 dBu:< -90 dB (unity gain)
• Crosstalk: < -80 dB (unity gain +20dBu Input)
• Headroom: >20 dB (above +4 dBu)
• CMRR: > 55 dB (10 Hz to 20 KHz) <-60db(10Hz to 1KHz)