The TMC1-Penta provides a framework to build your own monitor system, to design your
system you will need to specify the input/output data and the speaker groups as follows
1) Map out the speakers
2) Map out the Input and Output connections
Note the +10dB gain on the Dolby Return to remove any Level differences
between monitoring direct or through the RMU
3) Label modules in TMC1-Penta program and set Maximum channel count if not defined. As
an option you can add the Offset for each input
4) Label Speakers and assign channels
Note: The surround channels are checked in the corresponding Surround Column. This
allows the speakers to be assigned to the correct source when 7.1 or 5.1 are selected. To
use the LFE as a bass extension to the surround channels check the appropriate output in
the LFE column.
5) Assign Input name and channels for RMU 7.1.4 Outputs. Every surround speaker is
6) Assign Input name and channels for direct 5.1 and 7.1 outputs from Pro Tools,
Note. Only the main surround inputs are defined the 7.1 switch can the enable the extra surround speakers. Alternatively you can assign the extra surround speakers for 7.1 so that they are always used.