Analogue Monitor Controller for Atmos (XPand needed), 7.1, 5.1 and Stereo or XMon Replacement
Features at a glance:
Simple switching between formats Mono, Stereo, 2.1, 5.1, 7.1, Immersive/Atmos (XPand needed)
Four Cue outputs - Studio L/S, Headphones, Cue1, Cue 2
Three Stereo Cue Inputs - available on all cue outputs
Six Inputs: 2x 7.1 and 4 stereo Inputs
Three Control Room speaker selections
Listenback Speaker Selection L+R / Ls+Rs / Lb+Rs
Two Listen back microphone inputs
Two Talkback microphone inputs
Down Mix Output
Stereo AFL Input
A-Mon Stereo / 5.1 / 7.1 analogue monitor controller for use with the TMC-1 remote for full functionality or as a X-Mon replacement (Limited to X-Mon functionality)
Using feedback from existing TMC-1 customers the A-Mon is a full studio monitor system that incorporates some unique features including rear-side surround switching for 5.1.
A-Mon pricing (Excluding VAT and Delivery), approximately 2 weeks delivery.
A-Mon Only £1,600
A-Mon + TMC-1 bundle £2,500
A-Mon + TMC-1-S6 bundle £2,600
XPand + TMC-1 bundle £1,900
Xpand + TMC-1-S6 bundle £2,000
To avoid any low frequency phase errors all signal paths (apart from talk back and listen back microphone inputs) in the A-Mon are DC coupled.
To avoid cross talk any unused input is muted at the input.
The metering uses precision rectifiers to provide approximately 60 dB of range.
The NJM2068 op amp was selected for its audio performance.
Audio switching via high voltage cmos (+/-14v) with a maximum signal level of +/-8v p to p
to minimise distortion.
Gain Control via CS3318 8 channel gain control.
• 10 kOhm balanced or unbalanced
• Input trim: -10dB to +20dB 1dB steps
• Maximum Input Level: +24 dBu @ unity gain
• 100 Ohm balanced or 50 Ohm unbalanced
• Balanced:+4 dBu nominal, Unbalanced:6 dB below balanced line level
• Maximum Output Level:+24 dBu
• Output Trim : -4 to +4 dB in 0.5dB steps
• Frequency Response:10 Hz to 100 kHz (± 0.05 dB)
• THD+N:< 0.004% (unity gain) 0.002% (Xpand)
• IMD:< 0.005% (unity gain) 0.003% (XPand)
• Noise below +4 dBu:< -90 dB (unity gain)
• Crosstalk: < -80 dB (unity gain +20dBu Input)
• Headroom: >20 dB (above +4 dBu)
• CMRR: > 55 dB (10 Hz to 20 KHz) <-60db(10Hz to 1KHz)
Toby Craig (Oxygen Sound Studios-Berlin)
I just wanted to write you.
We’ve been very impressed with the sound quality of the A-Mon, we find it far superior to the X-Mon's we have in our other studios. The noise floor is excellent for post production work and we find out mixes have even more clarity as a result. Additional features such as the surround channel order and 7.1 muting capability make it an excellent replacement for the X-Mon.
I hope that doesn’t sound too much like advertising, but it’s the truth.